Recipe Thread

Re: Recipe Thread

Postby Darkman » Fri May 19, 2017 8:29 am

Definitely wouldn't want to miss munching on the diseased protected species, but I'm kind of intrigued by the higher risk type recipes. Would love to hear more about all types from different cultures.
Darkman

Postby Snufalupagus » Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am

Not a lot of kangaroos around these parts. Could substitute raccoon tails maybe?
Snufalupagus
Bold Adventurer
Bold Adventurer

Postby vendetta_penguin » Fri May 19, 2017 12:45 pm

I imagine eating a raccoon is alot like eating a seagull?

I took a paddling trip in the Cascades a few years ago and the group was astonished by my "Man Butter". I love to fish, but hate trying to prepare things outside without a kitchen, so I planned ahead and made a simple Hotel Butter for my trip ahead of time and it was a huge hit. I'll give a very basic recipe that can be prepared ahead of time at home and easily transporates to your spot.

2# Softened salted butter
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1t Fresh Thyme
1T Fresh Parsley
1t Granulated Garlic
1T Granulated Onion
1/2 t white pepper

Kosher salt tt

If you have a kitchen aide use the whisk attachment and mix until everything is a uniform texture. If you don't have a kitchen aid use a potato masher, you will need to make sure the butter is really soft. If you don't have a potato masher use a clean bare hand and just squish it all together. Place scoops in a single row in straight line on a large piece of plastic wrap. Fold the edges lengthwise in on each other and roll the butter into a tube (just like rolling a doobie) Twist the ends to tighten in and throw it in the freezer. Chop of chunks for your fish or melt over the top of cooked meat. It's good with eggs too. For trout I usually stuff the fish cavity full of butter and wrap in foil.

I can't go on any trip without "Man Butter" people expect it as part of any camping/hunting/fishing trip.
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby TitusOates » Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Butter recipe sounds good vp. Will give it a try
TitusOates

Postby jarstar » Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Going trout fishing/camping memorial weekend, definitly going to try that VP. Ty
jarstar
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Pax » Fri May 19, 2017 6:50 pm

You would call it 'man butter', vp. You tranny truck stop random cock lover. Add pepper to taste.
Pax

Postby vendetta_penguin » Fri May 19, 2017 8:53 pm

I was not the one that coined the phrase man butter.

A couple of my friends who joined me on this canoe trip last year just adopted a son, who is 5. He said for realzies , " My Dads told me all about your man butter and I can't wait to try it"

I died a little inside.
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Overo » Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 pm

PP&J sanwich smokd ovr opin flame. Mie favrit.

Neet an fun thred VP ^_^
Overo
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby vendetta_penguin » Sat May 20, 2017 6:45 am

Achiote Chicken

This is a super easy recipe for the grill or roasted meat in the oven.

1 Block Achiote Paste (3.5oz)
1 Bunch Cilantro
1 Handful Peeled garlic cloves
1 can Chipotle in Adobe
1 T Salt
Enough Orange juice to cover it all

Put it all in a blender and blend until smoothe. Don't get that red shit on anything you don't want to be permanently red.

Dump it on chicken or pork, I like to use a gallon sized zipper bag so you can mix it without getting it everywhere. Let it marinate at least a couple hours, 24hrs is best. I like to use chicken thighs but breasts are good too. If you put them on the grill make sure it's clean and oiled they will stick. If you like fajitas this is a great recipe for the meat. Don't try to sautée in a pan, they won't turn out as good. This recipe is best suited for the grill or roasting. You can buy achiote anywhere in my part of the world or buy online, it should be under $5.
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby TheAdmiral » Sat May 20, 2017 7:38 am

Wow. That sounds good. It's grilling season here- i'll try it over the holiday weekend and report back. May add a little ghost pepper or habanero, a little, to heat it up.
TheAdmiral

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic