Phoenix Capital Group Weekly Market Recap

Phoenix Capital Group Weekly Market Recap

Postby schafferjm » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Weekly Market Wrap Up 7-13:
Every week I take the time with the help of some of the brightest advisors in the Phoenix Capital Group to analyze market trends and price fluctuations. This weeks analysis has been posted on my wall. Let me know how you feel about my predictions and make sure to let me know if you enjoyed it.

This week in Rares:
Tough week in rares. Many traders lost huge portions of their portfolio as the campfire and renegades crashed heavily and fireworks didn't grow at expected rates. We still believe that rares are great longterm investments as they generally will never drop again and scarcity should drive them up. Beware of consumable rares; hard to predict if they will drop in events again.

Legendary Gear:
Very little change this week for most legendary gear. Pretty stagnant other than the change of molten wards. Molten wards crashed from 80b to 50-60b. This can mostly be attested to mass liquidation of most portfolios in preparation for the large event coming in Quarter 3. We are pleasantly optimistic that the molten ward will hold its value.

This week in consumables: interesting week in consumables! Rumor has it a caravan trader showed up and stole someone's dog! What did that mean for the empire? Well a load of consumables as well as a heck of a lot of volatility in prices. Let's look at chocolate eggs throughout the week: Opened at 300m. Peaked at 500m. Bottomed out at 150m. Ended at around 250m. The price is very similar to where it started, but look at all that movement along the way. One thing is for certain, consumables are dropping, and that generally means that consumers should buy as many as they can get their hands on before prices skyrocket.

What's new with PCG:
PCG has had an awesome week. We added 3 new members to our group this week. Logothera and Estev have been brought on as advisors and are open and ready to help you make the most of your trades. Elmo was also added as our new head of marketing and enrichment. Elmo will be doing giveaways and promotion for our organization. I'm still actively recruiting top talent to join the group. If you are interested please contact me. I will be starting a large project this weekend that's end goal will be to track and keep logs of all items that are traded on the market. This will allow us to see historical changes, total gold growth and inflationary trends, as well as offer the best advice possible for fair trades. It's a big project and no time frame for its completion has been set at this time.

Item of the week:
Golden Keys: chances are you've probably used a few golden keys over the years. We all have and generally we've lost money. So why am I featuring this item this week? Simple: Unknown eggs, eloquent eggs, and pristine eggs. These 3 items have caused a major shift in the gold key market. Last week we called to sell these items due to the high prices and the good demand. Well, the demand has skyrocketed. Merchants are trying to get their hands on these keys and hoping to get lucky to turn their investment into profit. What does that mean for the average investor? Profit with virtually no risk. Keys are so unbelievably easy to sell for 225m each right now, and compared to profits from opening chests, you make similar amounts and usually more by selling. This item is bonkers.

Phoenix Capital Groups Buy Items:
Dragon Eggs, Firework awards, any decently priced consumables, island essence, Wooden Planks, Crystals, and Radiant Scythe

Phoenix Capital Groups Sell Items:
Golden Keys, Frost and Fire Essence, Gothic Bracelets, Phoenix Eggs, Eloquent and Pristine eggs, and Emperors Protection

I hope you enjoyed reading this weeks financial wrap up. Please feel free to message me with any comments, concerns, or questions and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!
schafferjm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Phoenix Capital Group Weekly Market Recap

Postby vendetta_penguin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 pm

King T has better prices.
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby schafferjm » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 am

Phoenix Capital Group is an organization designed to lessen scamming and poor performance in the marketplace due to lack of knowledge. The team at PCG are experts on the market and know prices or ways to get prices for most traded items. If you have any questions, ask Jim, KOA in game!
schafferjm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby vendetta_penguin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:51 pm

Define poor performance

Price fixing is a sticky wicket.

I always use market prices as a baseline and undercut the lowest price. I do agree that parasites constantly spam the army bcs with low bullshit offers, but snatch up my on my sales for twice the price in OM.

I do appreciate the effort you're making to "protect" noobs but I am always leary of anyone who dictates market value of anything. I know several people in your group and I know you're all honest people but an item is always worth what the buyer feels is a good deal.

I'm not a merchant, I actually give away most shit for 420 in OM, but if I am trying to make a trade I don't need some 3rd questioning my integrity. I make "bad" deals all the time, but if I want an item I'm willing to take a loss to get what I want.

You guys are all good, Id just hate to see this turn into something negative if you end up with a parasite in your midst.

The King T thing was a joke, I'm sure you understood?
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby schafferjm » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:18 am

Oh of course, I added that for a promotion we're doing this week so people can get an idea of the purpose of our group! And yes, I agree 100% that a 3rd party is not always necessary in trades. If the group ever begins to dictate things it shouldn't and cause problems, it will be promptly shut down. We do help newer players more than anyone else, so that's part of our purpose. And 95% of our prices come directly from market. If it isn't regularly traded or we haven't bought one recently, those are the times we use estimates, but the estimates are generally lower than the true value!
schafferjm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Finalfantasy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:43 am

I think its a good idea for new players. It will help those need the information and it forces no one to abide by it, so its a choice one can make. End of the day this is a war game and economy is a part of it but when it restricts peoples freedom to sell or buy what they want is the day I quite for ever. But kepp up the good work I dont see any problems with it yet, I often ask Jim in game many times for guidelines on prices but doesn't mean I stick to them 100%. And example was told by many that unknown eggs after event were 8b by many vets that offered to buy mine buylt I sold 50 eggs in OM at 12b. People will pay what they want to pay if they need it. +1 to group
Finalfantasy

Return to Capital City of the Phoenix Empire