Anniversary Event 2017

Anniversary Event 2017

Postby jarstar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm

It's almost that time of the year; discuss ideas, comments, suggestions here.

Dates not set in stone yet but August 25th through September 4th the may be what we are looking at right now.
jarstar
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Anniversary Event 2017

Postby schafferjm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Here are a few of my comments about previous events:

I really enjoy luck based quests like we had this last event. They provide a high risk, high reward gamble.

I was disappointed with how critical mana was to the past event. I felt like it was very difficult to find enough mana to compete.

I didn't really like gold as a prize. It felt like too much gold was given away.

I liked how old events used to have 1 big trophy for winning the main contest of the event.

Dropping gear in high amounts is fine and all, but the Phoenix blessings from last event felt excessive!

Add clans with this event ;-)))
schafferjm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby LIFEANDAHALF » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm

I mirror on the blessing part! Have over 1000 now. Also bring on the unknown eggs!!
LIFEANDAHALF
Bold Adventurer
Bold Adventurer

Postby Darkman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:06 pm

I also agree about the luck based parts, very exciting.

Mana was excessive. Most of the quests were 50 mana and they only paid out 10-25m per hit.

The cost to hit monsters is fine but again they all paid out pretty much the same amount until the last day.

An idea I thought of is to have one monster or npc from each year up until now drop a different item that's to be collected and the rewards will be trophies for the top 3 of each bracket (gold,silver,bronze). Each year's trophy will have a different design (might be a good way to decrease the huge amounts of gold circulating around at the moment).
Darkman

Postby Rahl2016 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:01 am

So, here's my penny's worth...

Mana and spirit need to drop more. Scarcity might work in a 2-3 day event, but a two week one? Players should be able to get them to play and even build up reserves to last a bit.

Money prize didn't bother me. It was one phase from 15-ish? I wouldn't say it's too much.

Agreed with drop rates. Not sure if it was a glitch because generally, the better the item, the less it drops. Of course, I don't think it should become too rare either....

I also enjoy the variety of phases (luck, quest, monster, and npc). But again, mana and spirit needs to drop for consistent play.

Mix up the enigma style. Keep the automatic "right answer = some prize", but include a few tougher ones where only the first one to answer gets a prize, like the metallic puzzle piece. Challenge though is to make it so that newer players also have the opportunity to answer.

Renegade explosion makes it easier to kill someone, above and beyond regular game play. How about some balance. New consumable to offers evade (80-90%) for 10-15mins? Or invisibility, though I'm not sure how that works. Just an idea.

That's it for now. Cheers
Rahl2016
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Finalfantasy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 pm

I don't know about you guys but that moroes gate closing event we had years ago where you nuke a boss for drops was amazing. I also feel that consumables shoyldnt be rare to the point they become 75b gold each. Loots yes but consumables should be.just that consume. I'm hoping camp fires and renagades to drop more as well as more consumables to become available like wine horns , cognac that orange bottle and many more items we have. Besides the basic I think I can't add anything to add event wise as I like how venoms mind works for events returning to game 2 weeks ago and experiencing one of he's events I must say well done.

I encourage a better atmosphere thou for new players. Since they don't have stamanina , an example of this was in last event the 5 mana quest that gave mana and spirit for a low cost perfect for new and low level players to fight a little longer.

Cheers FF
Finalfantasy

Postby vendetta_penguin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 pm

The Moros Gate model is a win.

I also liked the event that muddled the battle screen and you didn't know who you were attacking. You thought you were hitting the NPC, but you were actually hitting Army members.

Free marks are always good...

Please bring back K27 as an NPC
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby klaw81 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Possibly more mana consumables? Seems like mana consumables this last event were a hot commodity. Yes it is amazing how Venom's mind works, finding new things in each event. He must have a very wild imagination or has 1000's upon thousands of ideas. Meaning each event will be more mind blowing then previous, causing all our brains to melt into gelatinous goo
klaw81
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby ElmoTheShort » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Start it off with the scavenger hunt format that made us look like idiots, that was a good time.
ElmoTheShort
Explorer
Explorer

Postby slitslammer911 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:10 am

What i want to see is (luckiest) come back as a challenge!! And i do like a mega trophy!
Slitslammer out!!
slitslammer911
Onlooker
Onlooker

Next

Return to Capital City of the Phoenix Empire