My cat is going to the bathroom in my house

My cat is going to the bathroom in my house

Postby Pax » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:37 am

Help! One of our cats is peeing, and now pooping, in our house. I don't know which cat but am seriously considering surrendering them to the SPCA (which means an almost certain death). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can control/eliminate this? Just recently becomes a problem.
Pax

Re: My cat is going to the bathroom in my house

Postby TitusOates » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:17 am

Happened with a friends cat who had developed diabetes. Once she began giving the cat meds and it felt better, the problem stopped.
TitusOates

Postby Snufalupagus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 am

Get 2015 a litter box?

I would think it could either be a health issue or the cat is pissed about something.
Snufalupagus
Bold Adventurer
Bold Adventurer

Postby jarstar » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:09 am

Make sure the litter box is clean, if it's a larger cat, make sure it's big enough for it to take a duece comfortably.

A vet trip never hurts, definitly choose that before taking it to the shelter.
jarstar
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby klaw81 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:11 am

Agree with Venom. Vet first see if any underlying causes. Not a cat person myself, more a canine person
klaw81
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby vendetta_penguin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:42 am

Can you be more specific?

Is it pissing and shitting on all of your MAGA merch? If that's it I wouldn't worry. It would appear your cats have developed some common sense about American politics but lack the ability to speak, so they communicate in the most direct way they have available to them. Their dissatisfaction with the current policies of the incumbent administration is simply protested with some peeps and poops.

Rest easy, you should be proud that your cats Get It. I'll bet they secretly watch the C.linton N.ews N.etwork and read Huff Post too. The cats may be part of a larger Liberal conspiracy. I'll have to check with Alex Jones and Breitbart to find out if they know about this?
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Pax » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Thanks everybody. I will schedule a Vet visit. Our cats are getting older and diabetes or crystals in urine can be a factor. We had to throw out an expensive couch so it's been a bit frustrating. Hopefully it can get sorted. Or.... Someone will be spending the evening in a crate. Thx again for suggestions/advice.
Pax

Postby need2burn » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:57 pm

"Ideally, there should be the same number of boxes as you have cats plus one extra box for good measure. Even if you try to keep the litter box perfectly clean, some cats don't like sharing when it comes to their elimination location. It's more difficult to keep one box clean enough for multiple cats."
need2burn
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Ardentis » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Definitely go to vet first. Simple change in diet may be key. Good luck! Do NOT go to a shelter.
Ardentis
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Pax » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Thx n2b. I did purchase another box. We have 6 set up throughout the house (we have 4 cats). It's just odd. No problem for years and now, suddenly, it's an issue. There are no new variables (new pets, a move, change in food etc). I suspect it may be a change in health. Thanks again, everybody.
Pax

Next

Return to Suggestions