Celebration of Life Event - Remembering Solo116

Celebration of Life Event - Remembering Solo116

Postby imjimsmith » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 am

Fellow Community Members,

The recent passing of Solo116 (that's how I knew him) highlights so much of why I still stick around this forum. Sure, I'm an admin, but I took on that role because of how much this space felt more like a real community than just another place on the internet. Yes, we hurl insults at each other with reckless abandon, but for anyone who has an Italian-Catholic family, it probably just reminds you of the holidays. At the end of the day, we all share something unique through our participation here.

I met Solo about two years ago when I joined CodxP and my first impression of him was his even keel. He had a maturity about him that I rarely encounter - especially on the internet. That's why he was such an obvious choice for a site moderator. Combined with his helpful attitude and calm demeanor, he added a lot of depth to the site. The whole reason this forum 'feels' the way it does is in part due to his efforts. He made a lot of contributions to the community, and he'll be remembered.

We're going to set this weekend aside to honor Solo's contributions to the game and the community by hosting a Celebration of Life event. We're going to introduce a couple new items, and we're renaming the Lesser Long Sword to Solo116's Long Sword since he had a crazy amount in his inventory. If anyone knows the story, post it here for us. We're also going to donate a portion of proceeds generated this weekend to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in Solo's name. If you prefer to donate directly, here's a link http://www.cff.org/.

Join us this weekend by celebrating the life of a generous member of our community that we lost way too soon. You'll be missed Solo.
A conservative at 20 has no heart, and a liberal at 50 has no brain.
imjimsmith
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Celebration of Life Event - Remembering Solo116

Postby jarstar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:39 am

Awesome Jim, this is great.
I'll be contributing to the cause no doubt, and I'm looking forward to how we will honor and remember him.

Solo would be amazed at all of the support, miss you man.
jarstar
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Finalfantasy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:13 am

+1
Thanks devs
✨FF✨
Finalfantasy

Postby klaw81 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 am

Yes Solo/Josh you will be missed bunches. I didn't know you personally but thinks you were taken to soon. Jim like you Catholic also along with the Irish in me mix in some German and French
klaw81
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Biggsy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:52 am

Really nice gesture. Rip solo
Biggsy
Explorer
Explorer

Postby yemar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Truly fantastic jims
yemar
Explorer
Explorer

Postby AylaBlue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:34 pm

It's a sad day that he's passed... will deff be missed. I'm glad he's being honored here in this way. He'd like it!! :-)
AylaBlue
Bold Adventurer
Bold Adventurer

Postby LuisJosel » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Great! Let us celebrate a day for him cause he deserves it! I'll share a moment of solo116's and I conversation of the many that we had. Once a few yrs ago, I bcd ingame that I was gonna eat pizza and he msgd me that he wanted some. I told him I'd give him 4 slices and he said he'd eat em all if I could really give him the pizza. That time, I didn't knew he was ill until the time passed and I found out about his situation and helped him out with a lil grain of rice for his lungs transplant. We were not that friends but always had good comunication. He always msgd me to ask questions and vice verse. We talked a few days b4 he passed away, I asked about how he felt and he said that worse than ever. He really felt bad cause he really passed away. Wow, I wish I could really gave him the pizzas that night. Could there be pizzas as consumables in the name of Solo? That'd be a gesture I'd never forget. Tia. Luis Josel. (LJ)
LuisJosel
Bold Adventurer
Bold Adventurer

Postby PootyMo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:47 pm

I never had the pleasure of meeting Solo, but I do remember the effort made for a goo friend in game and real life, Aladdin. The tributes to solo are very touching. Well done to you all and the decor doing this.i have just made a donation to the cf organisation.
It is this ingame humanity that keeps me returning. May Solo's family, his loved ones and friends take some comfort from these tributes.
PootyMo
Onlooker
Onlooker

Postby stalin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I dont see the new consumable yet has anyone else?
stalin
Bold Adventurer
Bold Adventurer

Next

Return to Updates & Features