Volunteers Needed

Volunteers Needed

Postby imjimsmith » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:48 am

Hey folks! We are starting our planning for the Anniversary 2015 event and could use the help from a few Community Advisers. If you are interested in helping to shape the event and overall path forward for PE, shoot me an email or send me a private message.

Volunteers would be needed for 1-2 hours per week to vet ideas, provide input, and do beta testing.

Thanks in advance!

-jims
jims@codxp.com
A conservative at 20 has no heart, and a liberal at 50 has no brain.
imjimsmith
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Volunteers Needed

Postby need2burn » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Sup-

Ok, I'm not sure how much help I can be to beta test and all of that, but here are some ideas that people have loved in the past.

1. Do the 5 phase structure, with super rares (spirit trophy, chaos stone or dark gem or use the glitch loot [black powder, blacksmith page, or the pink stones]) given to OVERALL rankings - so 5 total, and with the regular structure of 13 of each unique trophies. This will ensure high mark purchasing.

2.If you do a mana phase, drop mana-related items from NPC's. That way, spirit is beneficial as well.

3. Make a true boss, that drops good shit, and not just red text. They used to actually put the picture of a boss in the battlefield - do it again. Maybe a return of Moros, to murder Louis, then we avenge Louis' death.

4. If you're going to drop boring loot for collecting, make it so you can alchemy them for a rarer item. For example, for every 150-200 bogus item, allow us to make a GOLD item of the same.

5. New rare mount? Glass Dragon, Grand Phoenix, Black Dragon, Hydra?

6. One thing kind of missing from loot is well-balanced equipment. We aren't all high-attack or high-defense.

7. Look back to see how many hits people usually do during attack phase, generally in the 100's of thousands. Make up a new rare loot to drop, say 20 total or so. This is for those of us not playing constantly and with loads of cash to spend to get a chance at a very rare item. So if there were usually 200,000 hits, make a loot that drops at a 1/10,000 drop rate.

8. Also, let it be known what is being won, and about the rare loot possibility.

9. Update the chests AND champion token quests, maybe when Louis dies, we get access to all of his treasure, he's been hoarding the citizen tax money and we get new items.
need2burn
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby lisa3083 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:34 pm

You should make so you have to work for the winning places rather than the same people over and over buying wins from people who know they have no shot everyone should have a shot it's more fun that way.
lisa3083
Onlooker
Onlooker

Postby vendetta_penguin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:19 pm

I don't buy marks so I know I will never place in an event, so the option to sell my tokens or whatever it is we're collecting to the people we already know are going to win is the only way it makes collecting those things worth while to me.
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby klaw81 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 pm

If I knew anything about computer programming and such I'd offer my help. But when it comes to that im pretty useless. I hope the community as a whole and ppl that have ideas and the computer wizardry to help come forward
klaw81
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby vendetta_penguin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:10 pm

The Moros Gate event was the best I can remember.It had a good storyline and the Bounty fest at the end was great too. It was the first event I can remember that had a little bit for everyone no matter what your play style was.

I personally like it when you disguise the NPC under a player profile it gives you an excuse to "accidentally" attack army members.

Maybe have Louis Chests drop with special event loots inside that require existing keys to open?

I also think letting the lower levels get into the mix is important. I know in the past it's been argued that opens the door to cheating, but I think the benefits of including low level players outweighs the "what if there are cheaters" crowd.
vendetta_penguin
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Bahzell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:16 am

+1 & mana based event that players with only 50 mana can be involved in.
Bahzell
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby Estev » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:14 am

Follow exactly what n2b said, exactly!
Except pull the glitch loot, I don't see why it should stay...
Estev
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby jarstar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:39 am

+1 n2b

It would be nice to be able to hinder those with multiple accounts hoarding for 1st place in 5+ brackets. You'd have to be one crazy dude to do that...

Just don't think its possible, I agree with n2bs ideas though, I know many other great ideas have been made. I'll search.
jarstar
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Postby RecklessR » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:03 am

I'll hold my breath rather. It's unlikely that any idea will be implemented, we've had this thread before.
RecklessR

Next

Return to Updates & Features